Isaiah 40:31

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Traditions Both New and Old

Hey All! Even though Carrie already posted about Christmas, I thought I'd come back and add my two-cents worth-!
I love Christmas. I love the brisk weather, the food (who doesn't?) and all the family time! This was our second year at our new house and it really started to feel like home-all the decorations and traditions. Some of my favorite Christmas traditions involve some sort of food. :-D I love our Christmas wreath and sausage balls that we have every Christmas Eve, and I love sitting around the Christmas tree, drinking hot chocolate, marshmallows and candy canes. And of course there's the 17 billion different types of cookies that we could make~peanut butter and kisses, cream cheese dainties, sugar-the list goes on and on. One of our Christmas morning traditions is to open the gifts from Santa from youngest to oldest. . .which means that I can be waiting with my sack of presents for an hour or so watching my 5 younger siblings open and gloat over their presents. . .talk about excruciating~!!!! This year we (Carrie and I) started another tradition-one that we hope to do until we don't need to do scoliosis exercises anymore. We finagled the equipment in front of the TV and rented some movies-! Charlie St. Cloud was a tear jerker and True Grit looks like it's gonna be really good too!!! I want to get some pictures up, but we have been having some technical difficulties. . . I'll be sure and add them when I can!
Off to be with the family~
Caiti

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to read our blog! Feel free to comment-we love to get comments!!
~Caiti and Carrie