Isaiah 40:31

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Recovering and Healing!

Hello dear blog followers! So sorry I haven't written in such a long time! Below I'll let you all know what has happened the past few months, prior to my scoliosis surgery:
June 29th was surgery day.  It was a 7 hour surgery, and I grew 3 inches!! :D I am so thankful for my surgeon Dr. Clark- he did a really good job.  Also, it was less than 70 hours after surgery that I got to go home- yeah! (No offense, but a hospital isn't my preferred hang-out place :)  So once I got home, pretty much all I did for the next 2 weeks was sleep, read, sleep, doodle, and sleep! :)  Also, not only did tons of sweet family and friends come to see me and bring meals, but also my great grandma Lawanda! She was personal companion and advocate for a week... :)  Since then I have had a couple check-ups at Dr. Clark's. I learned that my spine was corrected from a 97 to a 23 degree curve, (PRAISE THE LORD!!), and I also learned I have to wear my brace till December. (bummer... ;) Better safe than sorry he said- I suppose I agree... :) 
I'll attach some pictures in another post, since I know I personally love a visual aid, and I hope you all enjoyed my short but sweet surgery update! I am so thankful for friends and family like you, who have supported me and encouraged me the whole way.  It means so much to me- thank you all! :)
With Love and a straight back!
~Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to read our blog! Feel free to comment-we love to get comments!!
~Caiti and Carrie